Stalin is a male chinstrap penguin and a frequent antagonist of the series Happy Feet: Protectors of Emperor Land. An self-proclaimed "evil genius", Stalin is barely seen without his unintelligent sidekicks Bangers and Mash, both of whom he has called "the Neanderthals of penguins" as well as several other insults which they often mistake as compliments. He is named after Bolshevik revolutionary Joseph Stalin and is voiced by Toby Kebbell, who also portrays Koba in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- When compared to more serious antagonists such as Chrysta and Rodan, Stalin is considered to be one of, if not the funniest villain of the 0.5 continuity, due to many of his scenes involving comic relief with Bangers and Mash.
- He is known to be associated with Nortlu Reddington , due to the latter appearing to Stalin at the end of episode 3. Reddington is known to be Stalin's surrogate guardian.
- Stalin is the third villain, behind Chrysta and Cliff, to have shown a "soft side", due to Stalin's Christmas truce with Julius and his obvious regret of his relationship with Marshall not working out.
- Stalin, Marshall, Barry and Fantine are the only Chinstrap Penguins in the 0.5 continuity to not speak with Scottish accents. Stalin speaks with a Western Yorkshire accent not too dissimilar to his voice actor, Toby Kebbell, despite the fact that his surrogate guardian, Nortlu Reddington, and adoptive sister Amelia both speak with American accents.
- Stalin seems to have a knack for decorating, due to his lavish decorations in the SHQ and the paintings on the ceiling.
- Stalin is the creator of robotic specimens called "Nanodroids". One of the droids he created later went on to become the A.P.R.I.T.I.O.N.